Suicide Prevention and Mental Health Resources - matching gift opportunity!
The Suicide Prevention and Research Collaborative (SPARC) program aims to have student mental health and well-being at the forefront of what we do at UW-Eau Claire.
SPARC does a lot for students, including:
- Having a "rest nest," which serves as a mental health support drop-in space in the Library.
- Leading mental health promotion activities on campus.
- Conducting suicide prevention and mental health trainings across campus.
- Providing peer support from students who are training for careers around suicide prevention and mental health
Gifts to SPARC will:
- Grow the peer-to-peer support program to accommodate more students so there are additional options beyond typical counseling services.
- Provide additional suicide prevention and mental health trainings across campus to promote well-being and set students up for academic success.
- Allow more on-campus research opportunities to advance the science in the field as well as improve what we do on campus.
On Giving Tuesday, Gifts to SPARC will be matched dollar-for-dollar up to $2,000! Blugold couple, Mike and Laurie Larson, are passionate about student mental health and well-being and are matching all gifts up to $2,000. You can help enhance support for student well-being and resilience and help prevent suicide and the worsening of existing mental health conditions that some students face.